So it goes

Friday, July 14, 2006

Sales for Dummies

This is my work day. I now have serious doubts of the intelligence of many people.

Friday 11:22am
Jess: How may i help you?
guy on phone: Yes, How much does it cost?
Jess: Well, right now, we're having an Early bird special for the first 250 p-
Guy on phone: Well I don't care about that. My wife and I are already signed up.
Jess: But then-?
Guy on phone: How much does it cost after the special?
Jess: Well there are four pricing phases, so-
Guy on phone: (grumbling angrily) this is too complicated. We're going elsewhere


Friday 12:54pm
Jess: How may I help you?
Guy on phone: Yes, I got your mailing today
(pause)
Jess: ok...
Guy on phone: The card, in the mail
(pause)
Jess: ok, well are you interested in-
Guy on phone: Yeah you've got all the information on here. But where does it mention the pool?
Jess: the pool?
Guy on phone: Yes, it's a fitness center. It has to have a pool. But the card doesn't mention anything about it.
Jess: The card doesn't mention it, because we don't have one.
Guy on phone: (like i just killed his dog) No pool?!
Jess: We don't have enough space in the lot to build a pool. But we've got some other wonderful facilities-
Guy on phone: How could it not have a pool? A pool adds so many great exercise opportunities.
Jess: We simply do not have enough space for a pool.
Guy on phone: What kind of fitness center is this? I've never heard of a fitness club without a pool!
Jess: Um..sir, I think World Gym, right down the road from us, does not offer a pool facility either.
Guy on phone: I've never heard of it!
Jess: Well, it's there.
GUy on phone: well it must be a similar, shitty small gas station project then.
Jess: um.. excuse me?
Guy on phone: I know it's not your fault, you just work there. Pass it on to the owners. I'm gonna have to cross you off my list.
Jess: alright then.


Friday 1:08pm
Jess: How may I help you?
Lady on Phone: Um so I got the card in the mail, with the prices.
Jess: ok?
(long pause)
Jess: What can I help you with?
Lady on phone: So that price, that's per month?
Jess: Yes, you pay the monthly membership fee every month...
Lady on phone: But your gym is being built as we speak, correct?
Jess: That's correct. How this works is when you come in to sign up, you pay the initiation fee and the first month's rate right when you sign the membership contract so-
Lady on phone: Wait, you have to sign a contract?
Jess: Well, yeah..

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home