So it goes

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Meditations

Meditation 4

I would do anything to be somewhere else right now
Anywhere but here
Standing on stage in your spotlight
and even though I have a microphone
I feel like I’ve got to shout to get you to listen to me
Spitting pretty words in
Iamic time and
Pentameter rhyme
And couplets like crime
Isn’t good enough for you
So I push through


Meditation 3

Hoy es siempre todovía
-Antonio Machado

Our lives are the stories we tell ourselves
Imaginary, drawn like the lines
Between the stars-
To be a revolutionary is to change the life
Of one single person
Because the universe is a room full of friends
And eternity is nothing more
Than this very moment


Meditation 2

I crawl up inside
The works of my lifetime
And peer through the vacant lines
Through sketches of charcoal lettering
Onto miles of paper snow
With hands pure and smooth
I rub clean the scars of time
Slowly I erase
All trace of me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home