So it goes

Saturday, December 23, 2006

the big-bad... brunette?

I guess my aversion to blondes started a few years ago, when my boyfriend at the time suggested I bleach my hair. I'm gonna throw this out there for those who don't know what i look like: I'm Italian-American. There was no chance adding bleach to my dark hair would end up pretty. I refused (of course) and he kept insisting blondes were hotter. (we've been broken up for quite some time now.. obvious differences...)

But let me back up. I think this goes back farther than that. Maybe back to when I was in high-school. I went to a typical east-coast boarding school, that had only recently turned into a co-ed institution and was overrun with the nations best, brightest, and -need i say it?- richest, mostly hailing from the Mainline in Pennsylvania. The boys were your typical old-school-I'm-going-to-take-over-daddy's-business-so-college-is-just-networking types. Oh and the girls, the girls were gorgeous. Hell, everyone was gorgeous, my friends and I used to joke that our school looked like an animated J-crew catalog. But the blondes, man, was it just me, or did they have Connecticut-elite-housewives stamped on their forheads. And little rebellious brunette me, I just couldn't bandwagon it (did i mention i had a goth phase? second thought- lets not go there).

More recently,and to make matters much funnier, the girl I wrote that last post about is (was) a blonde.. obviously. She apparently doesn't like me, just because I'm me(which, by the way, I'm fine with. One less nasty blonde to worry about). After senselessly arguing with me via facebook messaging, she then scolded me because thanks to a 12 dollar bottle she is now a brunette. I can't blame blondes who want to be brunettes: hey hon, it's ok. we can't all be perfect.

Maybe it's because every time a boyfriend has cheated on me, or left me for someone else, it's been a blonde girl. Maybe it's because I just don't like that "sexier-than-thou" attitude. Metro fashionista blondes are the worst. The super bleached, big sunglasses, I-wish-I-was-Paris-Hilton strut, complete with ugly dog, high heels and microscopic skirt. Man, I hate those girls.Wherever and whenever it started, whatever triggered it, I just don't like blondes. Sorry.

I should note, it's not all blondes that I dislike. Just ones that like to make a point of their blonde-ness. I feel about them the same way conservatives feel about "minority groups": I'll tolerate it, but just don't shove it in my face and don't expect "special treatment". I'm not gonna respect you just because you've got a genetically recessive trait.

I should also note, for the sarcasim-immune: this is (mostly) a joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home