So it goes

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Not a love poem

This is not a love poem
to shake the world
and make the sun rise
to lift prematurely tangerine
into the cold grey skies

this is not a love poem
about love unrequited
about a love that will
paint me gold and
change my life

This is not a love poem
written on partchment snow mountaintops
or sandy pear oceansides
Not filled with dramatic tears
or elongated lines and ...
which signify heartwrenching sighs

This is not a love poem
written for the sake of writing
a love poem
This is a I yeah I hate you
but you shouldn't have left poem
a you stole my heart
in a clumsy attempted theft poem
this is a you're a fucking nutcase
but i can't resist you poem
a why don't you shut the hell up
so i can just kiss you poem
this is a I should have known
and judged your track record poem
a I so kicked you to the curb
but now I want you back poem

This is not a love poem
about love true and pure
about love returned
about love was but is no more
This is not a love poem
that will bring tears to your eyes
nor a poem that will placate
anyone's heartbroken cries

This is a love poem
about the type of love
that defines the lines we draw
to connect ourselves like constellations
in the hallucinations of a solid sky

A love poem about the type of love
that makes me write love poems
In the margin of my spanish novel
straddling the lines of two languages
reaching to get through to you
any way I can
and always coming up short.

The type of love that will inspire me
to get up infront of everyone
and read this love poem
that I wrote
about no one
at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home