So it goes

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Why I think cupid needs to be shot in the butt

No, not because I'm bitter. I enjoy being bitter (and I hate it when bitter people say that). Cupid needs to be shot in the butt because Valentines day is a hoax. People should be this loving and compassionate every day of the year. It would mean so much more to me to get flowers or chocolate or (hey how about this one for a change?!) spend some meaningful time with people I care about any other day of the year. But tomorrow, valentines day, is like that cop-out day. It's like the day where girls expect that shiny/sparkly/chocolatey/lacey crap and guys expect... well... we all know what guys expect. It's all about the image. Because if we're that one little kid without any valentines in our desk when we come back from recess, our self-esteem plummets way down. I've never been that little kid, but man, it must suck. Honestly, I'd rather be that little kid and then be someone special any other day of the year. Yeah sure, I could get a box of chocolates or a buffer-gram or (haha) one of those sorority crush bottles or whatever. But that's just sooo easy. I want thoughtfullness and compassion on a day where it's not broadcast across the country. Everyone gets valentines on valentines day. Give me a love letter (a real love letter, not a valentine) any random day of the week, and I'll spare cupid's little ass. But seeing as though that's a) not going to happen or b) going to happen but from some guy who thinks it's an easy way into my pants, cupid is gonna have to cover it up tomorrow. Little jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home