So it goes

Friday, April 20, 2007

a mi corazon

The first sunny day all year. Really sunny- sun you can drink and it's better than the strongest coffee. Sun like a drug. I've never seen so many smiles. It's an annual event here in the tundra, a part of this repetative, monotonous cycle of 9 months of winter and then BAM sunshine like liquid gold.
It put everyone in a good mood. Or perhaps it's the date that did it. We threw a party today: Greensfest. But I wasn't there to execute the plan. I left the hands on work for other members of SAV- mostly because I had a ridiculous amount of thesis work, but also because I wanted to see if they could do it without me. I have to say, I think they pulled it off quite nicely. Though there was a brief moment of crisis when we realized no one had extension chords, I was pleasantly surprised at how nicely things came together. I know I'm a bit controlling when I throw events, because I know what works and I know what doesn't, and so it was kind of difficult to just sit back and let other people run things. But in a way, it was a little nice. I actually enjoyed this event. It was great to see one of my Hill boys (his band came from syracuse last minute when our original band backed out) and it was the perfect way to unwind after being locked away in my lab for 6 (not exaggerating) hours straight, organizing data and creating fixation files.
Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful too, and hopefully I'll be able to actually spend some time with a few people. I've been kind of isolated lately, just because of work. I get these moments of panic, especially in the morning, when I just realize that every moment that passes could've been spent doing something productive, and so I stop doing normal things like eating or sleeping. It's an awful habit, I know. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the opportunity to just relax a bit and enjoy one of my last few weekends on campus.
I still can't believe it's almost over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home